Monday 7 January 2013

Curly Kale with Garlic and Chorizo

I've decided we don't eat enough greens so thought I'd give Curly Kale a try. A big bag cost only 70p and it was grown locally.

I have had Curly Kale before but it is boring just boiled up and the kids don't like it so I've jazzed it up with garlic and chorizo. I served this with sausages and sweet potato mash.

Ingredients (serves 4)

1 big bag of Curly Kale
1 fat Garlic clove
50g Chorizo chopped into small pieces
1 tbsp oil

Method

Rinse the Kale and trim thick stalks. Chop into large shreds.
Add to a pan of salted boiling water and simmer for 5mins
Drain into a colander and return to the pan or place in a warmed serving bowl.
Heat the oil in a small pan and add the garlic, sauté on a low heat and add the chorizo. Cook for 2-3 mins then pour over the kale. Gently mix/toss so the oil is incorporated into the kale.


No comments:

Post a Comment